Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problems with setting permissions for sharing report to external users for a security group

When i set that just people in a security group can share with external users or that all users except users in a security group can share a report its not working.

I don't get an error or anything it just keeps loading

If i enable so that all users can share the report with external users with no exceptions it works for the external users.

It worked yesterday but not today.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Baconbomb,

Based on my understanding, when you set the "Share content with external users" for a specific security group, the users from the security group can't share dashboards with external users, right? 

q2.PNG

I have tested on my side. Change the setting will have several minutes delay in cloud. Please test again after you change the setting. Also please make sure the user who wants to share a dashboard with external users actually exists in the security group. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Baconbomb
Helper I

The user that want to share the report are in the security group but i get the same error when i set that all users can share except users in a security group.

It worked before but when we got a premium licens the issue started

Sorry for the late answear i have been home with a cold