Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem with Parquet files. Unexpected error: Unable to load DLL 'ParquetSharpNative'

Hello,

I have faced a problem while trying to load Parquet files. I am trying to create a content column from Binary using Parquet.Document([Content]) syntax, to get to the data later on. I am receiving the error Unexpected error: Unable to load DLL 'ParquetSharpNative': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E). Full error down below.

intruder_0-1676622237675.png

Here is an M code:

addContentCol = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Other Columns", "ContentTable", each Parquet.Document([Content]))

Then I've tried to expand the Binary content using the UI and received the error without description. I copied details to clipboard, and nothing fancy there.

Find the app and error details after most recent update:

AppName: PBIDesktop

AppVersion: 2.114.664.0

Component: Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost

Error: Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.ExceptionResultException

After installation of the previous version back (Version: 2.112.1161.0 64-bit (December 2022)) on my desktop, the problem disappears, so it is definitely something with the most recent February update.

Hi @intruder ,

I'm glad you found the solution, thanks for sharing.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Neeko

Comments
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @intruder ,

With my tests, I can't reproduce your issue. You can try to put this dll in the trash folder. Close Power BI Desktop and reopen it to view.

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

donsvensen
MVP

Hi,

I have the same problem

/Erik

intruder
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-tangjie-msft,

Thanks for your reply. I will try to remove this .dll file and hopefully it helps.

Unfortunately, I am not able to raise a support ticket since my company is blocking this page for some reason. I will send the issue to my internal IT as well so maybe they will contat Microsoft directly to solve the problem with them.

I will definately get back here with the answers.

intruder
Frequent Visitor

Okay, I solved the problem. It turns out that there is no ParquetSharpNative.dll file in the folder at all. Which means, the installation file was corrupted. I re-downloaded and re-installed the file with the most recent update, and it solved the issue - dll file is in there. For some reason, the PBI file that I've downloaded on Feb 16th, didn't include ParquetSharpNative.dll file. I download the installation file today, and it solved the problem.

intruder_0-1677053363507.png

Regards,

Arek

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @intruder ,

I'm glad you found the solution, thanks for sharing.

Best Regards,