Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI Embedded dataSelected event not triggered

Today we see our embedded reports are not triggering the dataSelected event when interacting with slicers.

This worked normally up to today.

We haven't changed anything in our reports or JavaScript code. Since this happens for multiple embedded reports things point to a change in Power BI Service.

Has anything changed on the power bi service that makes slicers not fire the dataSelected event on JavaScript anymore?

Comments
donquijote
Advocate IV

To be specific, the dataSelected event still gets triggered from datapoints in visuals but not from slicers.

This is a big issue since a lot of applications rely on the dataSelected event from slicers.

I don't think this is specific to our application since I am able to reproduce the issue on the Power BI embedded Javascript playground:

https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html#
- On the Emdeb tab select run to generate the embedded report
- On the Interact tab select Data and then select Data Selected Event and then click Run
- If you click a bar on the chart you will see the dataSelected event producing the output on the Log window on the right.
- However, If you change the selection on one of the slicer filters in the report they will not trigger the dataSelected event and therefore we will not see the information in the log window.

Issue!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @donquijote

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 163376171. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

donquijote
Advocate IV

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft ! thanks in advance for any updates and pls let me know if I could help with any info

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @donquijote

The issue is listed in Support site. You can keep an eye on it there. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu