Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

More Information Error in App without details except for URL to configure scheduled refresh

Hi all,

Hope you're all well. I have one app specifically (a management app), for one sole purpose really, which is to be able to show just one management dashboard, using elements from all other apps (different disciplines), by using copies of reports from those respective workspaces. All url's in those visuals point to diffferent dashboards or reports in their respective apps, except for one live page which is pinned, that is actually unable to use a URL as a link to a different report.

This all works fine, though it would obviously be much nicer to be able to just pin visuals to apps from different workspaces, provided the credentials would allow such.

Anyhow, that's not my question. My question is that for a while now, I get an errorbar just telling me: "More information" adding a link to the "configure scheduled refresh" page from microsoft. There are no details whatsoever and the page it links to is just the generic page: Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

C4YNelis_0-1702023276553.png

However, I have no clue why I am seeing this. My hunch is, that is has to do with the app mentioned above for the fact that except for the one livepage in this dashboard, all other reports that have contributed one or more visuals to this dashboard are hidden and therefore never used. So, maybe, it's thinking the reports are not in use and therefore the two months inactivity scheduled refresh timer triggers a warning? I honestly don't know. It would be nice though to be able to remove this, since I'm getting questions from the directors why they're always having this error at the top. I kind of undermines the reliable look and feel I'm aiming for in my reports.

I've just clicked all the reports (hidden) in the workspace, to "reactivate" them if necessary, just in case, but I don't think that is the solution, since I'm fairly sure I've tried this already in the past when redesigning the structure as such.

It's kind of a wild guess though and I get the error everywhere (i.e.: everywhere from app.powerbi.com downwards). I see this in the home screen (as do all users), in the apps, in the workspaces, you name it.

How do I remove this (and why do I see this)?

Thank you for your help,

cheers,

Niels

Hi  @C4YNelis 

This seems to be an occasional issue at the moment, and I'll close this one out for now. If you still experience this issue in the future, keep posting. Thanks again for your response!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @C4YNelis 

Can you provide the message with English ? There seems to be a more info in the top left corner. can you click on it and provide me with the details?

Best Regards,

C4YNelis
Advocate III

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

thank you for your interest. I'm sorry to say that I can't provide you the English message, as the error disappeared over the weekend. So for now, I'm going with the hunch that indeed, the hidden reports used in my dashboard are in fact, responsible for generating this message, even though the dashboard itself updates just fine.

However, as I wrote before, there are no details in this message. Clicking the "more information" (which is the literal English translation), just leads me to this page: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh#schedule-refresh where I find no specific information.

Finally, what I noticed (after posting my question), is that I saw this errormessage throughout the entire Power BI Server environment. So even in other apps, my personal workspace, the home page, ..., everywhere.

I'll set a reminder for myself in my agenda for over two months, to see if it will reappear. If so, I'll post back here.

Cheers,

Niels

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @C4YNelis 

This seems to be an occasional issue at the moment, and I'll close this one out for now. If you still experience this issue in the future, keep posting. Thanks again for your response!

Best Regards,

C4YNelis
Advocate III

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

best wishes for 2024!

Just to give you a short update. Just before I started my own holiday, I noticed that some of my collegues still see this bar, even when I don't. I'm the only one modelling / creating reports in our company, so I think it's very odd some people do have this issue, while others don't?

As far as I can tell, the ones who do have this issue, are the same ones who have access to the management app I mentioned in my original post (except for me, while I created the app).

C4YNelis
Advocate III

Just to add to my previous findings, this error is still around. I see it myself too, but it depends on which app I open. It seems to be app specific therefore.

Also, since you asked me for the English notification I switched display languages, but having done so, it removed the error message entirely (for now).

It's not a big issue, but it's strange all the same.