Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Issue with the RealTime Refresh In embeded scenario

Hi guys 

After a couple of days the refresh of the dashboards embeded in our web page is not working. The tiles of that dashboards are from a report directly connected to a push dataset filled by azure stream analytics. This method was working well some years but recently the refresh of the dashboards is not working anymore.

I tried to use one of the samples code provided in Embed content in your Power BI embedded analytics application - Power BI | Microsoft Learn page to test a scenario outside our angular application but we have still the same problem.

Its a very strange error in embeded because the dashboard in Power BI Service works perfectly.

One thing that i discover in my test is the real time tiles from the dashbord connectet directly to the push dataset working well in the embeded, but all the tiles coming from the report dont. 

gif 1.gif

This gif is from the embeded test. Here we can see how the two tiles of the top are working well but the table doesn't refresh the data. This is because the table come from the report and the tiles are connected directly to the data set.

Gif 2.gif

This gif is from the power bi service, in this case, we can see how all the tiles are refreseh properly when new events are pushed to the dataset.

Any ideas why this error is happening since a few days ago?

Thanks for the help.

Hi @TransDig ,

Could you please explain more about that how can I reproduce your problem? Embed a report with for your customer, then change the dataset, then check if the embeded report update?

Also, here are a few resources that may be helpful:

Tableau online Dashboard - How to do Auto-Refresh every 5 min? | Welcome to Vizartpandey

Auto Refreshing Live connected dashboard in Browser(through server) (tableau.com)

Best regards,

Community Support Team_kalyj

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @TransDig ,

Could you please explain more about that how can I reproduce your problem? Embed a report with for your customer, then change the dataset, then check if the embeded report update?

Also, here are a few resources that may be helpful:

Tableau online Dashboard - How to do Auto-Refresh every 5 min? | Welcome to Vizartpandey

Auto Refreshing Live connected dashboard in Browser(through server) (tableau.com)

Best regards,

TransDig
Advocate I

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft 

We are using push datasets that are populated by an output in a stream analytics. After this we create a report where we recreate some monitoring graphs. These graphs are then anchored to a dashboard so that every time new data enters the dataset they are reflected in real time.

This dasboard correctly refreshes the data in Power BI Service, but when it is embedded in an app through the api, although the dashboard and data load correctly there is no continuous refresh of it as if it happened a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the help.

TransDig
Advocate I

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft

Can you reproduce the problem?

Please we have some of our clients waiting because this error are blocking their real tieme dashboards.

Many thanks.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support

Hi @TransDig

I haven't the exactly same data source to reproduce. Can you provide your sample(remove sensitive info) to us to test or if you have a Pro license, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to: How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,