Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue connecting to MySql database

I believe this issue coincides with the June update. 2 days ago PBI Desktop stopped allowing me to refresh data and produced the following error: JSON integer 4294967295 is too large or small for an Int32. Path '[4].MaxLength', line 1, position 1697.

I tried other reports that access the same database and they also error out with this message - the position information changes.

So I opened a NEW file on Desktop and attempted to bring down some tables from the database and it errors out with the same message. Everything was working fine until the June update hit. Strangely, the published report on service being accessed by multiple individuals is still running the Scheduled Refreshes and working. It is only an issue on Desktop. 
I have other reports - accessing data on customers sharepoint sites and excel datasets and all are working properly.
It's a problem because I can't do any work for this customer.

Has anyone else experienced this issue.

Hi  @Dave-ExpSC  

As @dgw_REA  mentioned ,  he solved the issue with Detect Data Type in Power Query Editor

Ailsamsft_0-1655707777659.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
dgw_REA
Frequent Visitor

same. Just reported the issue here right after yours....Same integer givenin error as well (4294967295).

My data source is a MySQL db. Currently trying to rebuild the same matirix in Google Data Studio - (you hear that Microsoft?)

dgw_REA
Frequent Visitor

Soultion for me is shown here...
thanks to contributors.

use the detect data type function under the transform tab in Power Query. I selected all columns and the selected Detect Data Type and able to refresh.

jasonbub_seasi

Hi,

NOTE: I tried the Detect Data Types that @dgw_REA mentioned, but unfortunately it did not work for me.

This is likely related to issue that many others have raised.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Int32-Error-when-Refreshing-Data-Table/idi-p/2584073

Jason

marcjb

Hi 

This seems to be from an update.
The problem seems to be:
Data_type = longtext

All other field formats seem OK.

Either change field type or select field in power query and press 'detect data type'

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @Dave-ExpSC  

As @dgw_REA  mentioned ,  he solved the issue with Detect Data Type in Power Query Editor

Ailsamsft_0-1655707777659.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

jtanwm
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue trying to get data from mysql database. 

ake
Frequent Visitor
Dave-ExpSC
Helper II

@ake I finally got it to work with the Detect Data fix. My problem was that I was highlighting all columns in the table and then using Detect. The structure of the MySql data that I pull down also has many columns of tables that reference other elements of the databases. When I did NOT slect those columns and use Detect Data - it finally worked properly. 
Interesting that I did not have these issues before the June update. Now I can not even pull down a table and Apply it without going through this Detect step. Kind of annoying that I now have to treat data from MySql source differently than other sources. Thanks all for helping me get to a solution.

hello_MTC
Helper III

I followed the same process in power query but still it is throwing the same error.