Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

dgw_REA
Frequent Visitor

JSON integer is too large or small error

Hi All - 
I am looking for help with a Power Query error on an existing report that has refreshed in PowerBI desktop perfectly fine until this morning. The resulting error is as follows.

"JSON integer 4294967295 is too large or small for an Int32. Path '[25].MaxLength', line 1, position 9475."

Where do I look for the error based on the line and position given and is this in the Power Query Advanced Editor?
Is it soley limited to the 1 queries the error is referencing or could it be in one of the others and connected with lookup columns?
Should I be looking at changes within the data source?

I appreciate any help provided.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

You must convert the data to int64, this can be done through power query in the following button

Powerjemarr123_0-1655491404161.png

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Hello,

You must convert the data to int64, this can be done through power query in the following button

Powerjemarr123_0-1655491404161.png

I followed the same process in power query but still it is throwing the same error.

Did you select all columns before ? did you make it for all tables ? 
hope this helps and fix 

I confirm that the following has worked for me: Enter Power Qwery editing mode, select ALL the columns and click (to add the process step) the Transform>Detect Data type button. Many thanks to all

it works for me, thank you so much

Great tip Powerjemarr123 ,fix it !!!
Thanks for your contibution really appreciated as could't found any fix for this 
KR

that's it! Thank you! I selected all columns and then selected Detect Data Type.

same

pelloetxeberria
Regular Visitor

Mee too, same problem

Martin1896
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

I have the same problem. 

Bye!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors