Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Can't select global search result item in service

I'm logged in to my account in our PPU tenant and have admin access to all workspaces, apps, and app audiences. When I use global search to find a report at https://app.powerbi.com/home, I'm unable to click on the report and go to it. Clicking on the item in the results dropdown does nothing. When I go to the search results page, clicking on the report listed there doesn't work either. There are also multiple reports listed in the search results for the same single report in a workspace? 

I can open the report fine if I go to the workspace and open it.

The fix is deployed.

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @MarkPalmberg ,

This is acknowledged as an issue. We have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No:349451035 . Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

SBAWDEN

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 
Is this a global issue affecting mutiple organisations? as we have the same issue which started occuring around last week

Thanks

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

The fix is deployed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

It seems that this issue is back, we are experience the same issue as report back in @MarkPalmberg.

Have you guys flagged as a problem again? @v-xiaoyan-msft I can provide the replication steps if you require but it would be great to have it resolved.

Thanks

Rafa

MarkPalmberg
Kudo Collector

@Anonymous I just confirmed that we are *NOT* seeing this issue in our tenant. At least not yet....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MarkPalmberg 

Glad to know that isn't affect your Tenant and I hope it remains like that.

Just to confirm the issue you report is exactly the same as mine when our users are search for reports, power bi is return some reports that are no longer available on our tenant. For example the report that I highlight below was create and then delete for that workspace a long time ago but PowerBI still returning it, and most of the time it return it as the first result so users are "going nowhere" 

RafaelSBX_0-1684252252668.png

instead they are presented this message, the issue isn't permission or anythig is just a report version that does not exist. and that was the same behaviour we had back in december when you raise your query.

RafaelSBX_1-1684252391811.png

Was you issue similar to this one at the time?

Thanks

MarkPalmberg
Kudo Collector

It was similiar, @Anonymous , but we weren't able to click on any reports in the search items list; that was really our main issue. That has now been resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning @MarkPalmberg 

Totally understand that is a way bigger blocker than the one I have at the moment where power bi is just listing deleted reports.

I will open another ticket/comment I guess it will be more clear about it and maybe a quicker resolution.

Thanks agan and have a great weekend