Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

“App.powerbi.com took too long to respond” message when switching between live dashboards

I'm hoping someone may have come across this error I am receiving when switching between live dashboards.

Background details are:-

• i'm using the Power BI custom visual "KPI Indicator" by Fredrik Hedenström
  • the data model is using a KPI fact table on a SQL Server database
  • i'm using Internet Explorer as my web browser (I have heard that there are potential rendering issues with using custom visuals on different browsers but i'm yet to identify what the issues are)

The KPI visual is pinned to a live dashboard and it appears to 'hang' or not refresh when switching between dashboards.

Example:- Internet Explorer

Initial dashboard view

Dashboard V1.pngSwitching between dashboards produces blank visualsDashboard V2.png

Thanks

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Walks06,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Please click on the Refresh Dashboard tiles on the top right corner of the dashboard "..." to see if visual loads. 

Please test with the sample report to see if the same issue occurs: https://store.office.com/addinsinstallpage.aspx?rs=en-US&assetid=WA104380832

Please ensure you are running the latest IE version, you can also try another browsers eg: Edge and Chrome. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Walks06
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response Qiuyun Yu.

I'm am currently running version 11.2248.14393.0 update: 11.0.65.

I've managed to reproduce the 'time out' using Chrome.

As part of some further testing we replaced the customer visual 'KPI Indicator' with another custom visual 'Card with States' by OKViz. I do not receive any refresh or timeout issues with this custom visual as yet.

As a resolution to this issue I think we will redesign our KPI dashboards to ensure we don't have any usability issues.

Do you know if I should be looking to raise this issue with the developer of the customer visual?

Thanks,
Simon