Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cannot access the menu in a published report

Hi there

We are having a problem with a report that we print to PDF from the service on a monthly basis (we have PRO license). We cannot see the menu on top of the report, it shows like it is loading forever. I tried two different browsers and still have the issue. I also ask other people that have read access and they have the same problem. I also tried republishing the report, but it is not helping.

Is this a recent known bug maybe? it does not occur to other reports that we have, but only this one, and we only realized a few days ago. If there is a difference, this report uses a live connection to a dataset (a bit complex and large). 

Printing the report in PBI desktop is breaking the PDF (i guess it takes too long to load some of the pages, and therefore it does not end rendering all visuals properly for some of them).

I really need your support with this one.

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous 

Just double confirm with you, you mean one of your reports will not display the menu on the top of the report so you couldn’t find the option to print your report to PDF, right? Does that mean you couldn’t see the entire top menu in this report?

vcazhengmsft_0-1635994075263.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
jacobiak
Regular Visitor

jacobiak_0-1635976573041.png

Same problem here since yesterday. 

But nothing related to print to PDF in this report.  

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

Just double confirm with you, you mean one of your reports will not display the menu on the top of the report so you couldn’t find the option to print your report to PDF, right? Does that mean you couldn’t see the entire top menu in this report?

vcazhengmsft_0-1635994075263.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

Yes, that is correct, so i cannot edit it online either for example.  this is what i see (and those little gray boxes do some kind of 'blinking' up and down the color):

this is what i seethis is what i see

I am not able either to see the tab pages on the left, so i changed the setup to see them on the bottom and that worked at least for the users to be able to browse trhough them. 

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue with one of my reports. 

I have tried to republish the report into another app workspace but still having the same issue.

jacobiak
Regular Visitor

"I am not able either to see the tab pages on the left, so i changed the setup to see them on the bottom and that worked at least for the users to be able to browse trhough them. "

We changed the setup too..

If you select another page and refresh (F5), the menu appears....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jacobiak!

That actually works for us as well. Goo in the interim while they find a definitive fix.

Cheers