Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Webservice issue: Line and Stacked Column Chart using a column series and line value broken

Hi all,
We've noticed that as of this morning charts that are used within core business applications are not loading correctly. When you you look at the 'show as table' option you can still see the data in the table view.

Where we have a problem is with the standard Line and Stacked Column Chart visual where you use both the column series and the line value the chart has stopped displaying any elements.

As these are business critical reports using standard PowerBI visuals we'd appreciate this being looked at ASAP.
Kind Regards,

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi 

I have tested on my side, it works well.

and this is a known issue with the previous version, try to download the latest version power bi desktop and then use it republish it again.

if still have the problem, please share your sample pbix file for us have a test.

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft 
Sorry it's taken a few days to get back to you, it's taken a while to get the latest version of Power BI installed.

But just to confirm I've just updated to the Feb version (2.90.782.0) of Power BI, and tried to load a copy of the report into the desktop and now the report crashes every time for visuals when you try to use the column series and line values in the reports.

Kind Regards,
Andrew

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi 

Could you please share your sample pbix file for us have a test?

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft,
Thanks for the feedback on this so far.

Sharing a pbix is a touch complicated as the report we have encountered problems with connects to a multidimensional cube, so the best I can share is that previously we were running on Power BI 2.88.621.0

and hadn't encountered this issue, as soon as we upgraded to 2.90.782.0 we are seeing the below error message.

AndrewCoomber_0-1615296402664.png

Kind Regards,
Andrew