Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Usage metrics report generation

Hi there,

I am a Power BI Developer and don't have access to production reports. Everymonth I have to take each report usage metrics. Administrator login for me in my system to take the reports metrics. What other options I have as a developer to take production report usage without Adminstrator.

What I did:

I saved usage metrics as a new report and publish to me so I can see that from my login. But for one workspace, I can create one report. We have more than 7 worksapces and each have 3 or more reports. 

Is there  a way across workspaces in one report can I take the usage metrics?

Please suggest industry standard of taking usage metrcis process, so we can follow the same.

Thanks,

Yoga

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Yoga,

To create a usage metrics report for the dashboard/report, we need to have edit access to that dashboard or report, and have a Pro license. In your scenario, you can suggest your admin granting your edit permission on these dashboards/reports. 

Besides, it's not supported to create a usage metrics report to cover all reports across workspace, you can vote on this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19593388-custom-usage-reporting-a...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu