Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Usage Metric Report Refresh

I create a costum Usage Metric Report in composite model. It connects to various Usage Report Metrics Model from various Workspace.
Workspace are modern workspace, however i connect to old metric usage report (dataset is simpler and keep data longer).
Refresh in PowerBi desktop works fine.
I am owner of all Usage Report Metrics Model in each workspace.
Error in shedule refresh:

Processing error: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.AS.ConnectionDetailsProvider, Single sign-on (SSO) credential is not provided which is required to execute the current request.. A connection could not be made to the data source with the Name of '<pii>{"protocol":"analysis-services","address":{"server":"powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/BAS%20Pro","database":"Report Usage Metrics Model"},"authentication":null,"query":null}</pii>'. The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-H-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 89e29c8f-d810-4c6d-8a04-469a634c4268
Request ID: 18315dc4-c8d7-a562-4df4-58c8be2844d9
Time: 2021-08-31 07:49:11Z

Can anyone helps me solve it out? Or is it a limitation of usage metrics that they cannot be automatically refreshed?
Thanks

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @Quentin ,

Try to check:

1. Whether the datasets have been configured the correct credentials
  2. Whether the connection mode of datasets is Direct Query, if so, try to remove calculated table and calculated group in it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Quentin
Helper III

Thank you @v-yingjl  for answering.

I cannot remove calculated tables as i use the UNION function to join the table of the various workspace and have an overall usage metric report for some workspace i want.

Maybe there is another way to get what i am looking for: a report usage metric for various workspace and maximum date of availability of data.

Thank you again for answering