Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Subsciption not sending out automatically

Hi,

I just had an unusual issue: I have various subscriptions that go out every morning at 7am, they all feed from the same database.

For some reason one of them did not go out automatically this morning.

I did check the specs of the subscription and it was ON as well as it had the end date set up to Nov '23, so no reason to think this might caused an issue.

Also this same subscription worked fine yesterday and everyday before that. 

Finally I did trigger it manually and it eventually worked.

I would like to understand why this happened so that I can anticipate next time.

Not sure if anyone else experienced this as well before.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Hi @sgallo 

There are many reasons why subscriptions are not sent automatically, and you can refer to some of the limitations below so that you can troubleshoot problems later.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/end-user-subscribe?tabs=creator#conside...

FAQs about Troubleshoot subscribing to dashboards and reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @sgallo 

There are many reasons why subscriptions are not sent automatically, and you can refer to some of the limitations below so that you can troubleshoot problems later.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/end-user-subscribe?tabs=creator#conside...

FAQs about Troubleshoot subscribing to dashboards and reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

sgallo
Advocate III

Hey @v-yetao1-msft ,

I did look into those troubleshoots but nothing seems to match my issue. 

I believe I found a way to fix it for the time being and it was to re-create the subscription from scratch and start over.

Not sure what could have been that stopped my up and running subscription to stop working on a random day.

Regards,

SImone