Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slicer (new) fix Sync Slicer option

New Slicer element in Power BI is good but it doesn't sync properly across multiple pages.
I have tried multiple times to sync it but when I navigate across pages the slicer just gets reset or the selections is blanked out. Even if I navigate back to the original page where the slicer selection was first made the slicer blanks out.

#Slicer(new)

Hi @all,

We reported the issue internally and got the following response from the PG team engineers:

Since this in preview feature,We do not allow some actions for this Preview features for now. This is a feature request for a new visual still under development.

Engineers are doing their best to optimize this preview feature, thanks for your feedback and support!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @AlanFredes 

As per your description, I have tested it in my local environment and sync new slicer is working fine with me. What version of Desktop are you using for testing? Can you provide a sample for testing?

Recording 2024-01-09 at 10.04.37.gif

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

AlanFredes
Resolver III

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

I am running the December 2023 version of Power BI desktop.

There was one key element I forgot to mention previously. The slicer has been filtered to show only two options.

I replicated the issue in the attached file and uploaded it to my OneDrive (This folder has public access). I also recorded the steps I took (replicating the issue) and uploaded that too.

Link to Pbix file:  20240109 Slicer (new) issue.pbix

Link Recorded issue: Slicer (new) issue.mp4

Please let me know if any further information is required.

Alan Fredes

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi  @AlanFredes 

Can you provide the version number of your Desktop? What I need to confirm is if the issue is still present in newer versions . The latest version number is 2.124.1554.0 64-bit (December 2023) .

Best Regards,

AlanFredes
Resolver III

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

The version number on my desktop is 2.124.1554.0 64-bit (December 2023).

AlanFredes_0-1705062803220.png

Regards,

Alan Fredes

adoster
Resolver I

I have the same issue

Version: 2.124.1554.0 64-bit (December 2023)

Xrusader
Frequent Visitor

The slicer sync seems to be working ok for me.  There was an issue with the slicer when accent bars were added.  This was resolved a couple of weeks ago.  But the slicer still seems buggy.  Normally filters are kept on a report when exiting then returning to the report later.  But with the new slicer, the selections are cleared every time - yet other filter types on the report are held.  

27Mark
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue

Version: 2.124.1805.0 64-bit (December 2023)

I have found that moving the postion of my tool tip page - that does not have slicers changes the behaviour.

That is if I set the slicer on the first page it will sync to pages 2,3 and 4. Page 5 is the tooltip page with no slicers. Pages 6, 7 and 8 that contain the slicer have then lost the selection.

If I shift the tooltip to the last page of the report (and make no other changes) then the syncing works for all pages.

Note this accounts for the syncing behaviour of one slicer.  A second slicer seems to not sync at all as per AlanFredes example 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @AlanFredes 

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,

mariomio

Hello,

I have the same problem (Version: 2.124.1805.0 64-bit (December 2023))

When setting up the sync it seems to work, however when saving and reopening the report the sync does not work. In the published report, the same problem is present.

However, if you click through all the pages, then the synchronization mysteriously starts working!

It's very strange.
Please fix it.

Best Regards,

Mario

27Mark
Regular Visitor

Just to re-emphasise Mario's point.  I screen recorded the behaviour on a report of my own.  It would be really good to get this fixed as soon as possible