Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Search in paginated reports scrolls down too much when the report header is sticky

A paginated report is opened in the Power BI website (app.powerbi.com). When I search for "Storm Lake", the search functionality correctly scrolls down to the 22nd row and highlights the match. This is shown in the picture below.

Report with non-sticky headerReport with non-sticky header

However, when the same report is modified to have a sticky header row (i.e. the header row always stays at the top; this is done by setting the "FixedData" property on the header row) and you search for "Storm Lake", it now takes you to the 23rd row (shown in the picture below). The highlighted match stays hidden behind the header row, and so the search functionality doesn't seem to be aware of the sticky header row.

Report with a sticky headerReport with a sticky header

The match is right behind the "Airport1" label.

I'd expect the search functionality to be aware of the sticky header and scroll down by the correct amount in that case.

If you compare the 2 screenshots side-by-side, I think you can see the problem clearly.

Hi @OasisPowerBI ,

Is your problem that the search function may not work as expected with sticky headers?
I've searched some of the documentation on this issue but haven't found a suitable explanation, can you provide details of the version so that we can reproduce the issue?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @OasisPowerBI ,

Is your problem that the search function may not work as expected with sticky headers?
I've searched some of the documentation on this issue but haven't found a suitable explanation, can you provide details of the version so that we can reproduce the issue?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

OasisPowerBI
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Yes, I'm reporting a bug with the search functionality when a paginated report has sticky headers. The details are in the original post.

What version are we talking about? I'm opening the report in the Power BI website. I clicked on "About Power BI" and I see the following (if these are what you're asking about):
Service version:13.0.22542.84
Client version:2401.4.17838-train

If that'd help, I could also send you copies of the paginated reports (.rdl files) that I used to reproduce the bug.