Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scatter Chart Data Colors Problem with April 19 Update

I have recently installed the April 19 update which has removed the option to color scatter charts using divergent data colors/conditional formatting

THIS RENDERS A SCATTER PLOT PRETTY USELESS 

Scatter plots I have created with previour Power BI Versions retain their Divergent Colors but when I click on data colors, the Default Color box now contains an fx function: see photo

Do you plan to fix this as the bubble chart is a pretty critical application in Visualization?

My current work-around is to run an older version of Power BI on another machine, create the Scatter Chart I need with Conditional Formatting, then Save and Import into the newer version of Power BI -April 19 Update: this is not progress. Updates should not limit the functionality of previous releases. I'd suggest you lower the update frequency and increase the care you take in tesing the affects of those updates or users like me just won't run updates that seriously affect the businesses we run.

It's way beyond time you started to behave like a proper commerical suite of tools and not some skunkworks DevOps free-for-all

30-04-56-32-UK Marke Tues 30 April  2019 ed - Power BI Desktop.pngNo option to choose Divergent colors or Conditional FormattingNo option to choose Divergent colors or Conditional Formatting

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Drunprofits

How do you define the scatter chart? Does the Legend bucket contain any column field? 

Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.68.5432.841 64-bit (April 2019), as long as the Legend bucket doesn't contain any column field, the Conditional Formatting is available. 

q3.PNGq4.PNG

If the Legend bucket contains a column, the Conditional Formatting isn't available both in Power BI desktop version 2.68.5432.841 64-bit (April 2019) and 2.67.5404.981 64-bit (March 2019). 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I encountered the similar problem and I got that the conditional formatting on color is only available when there is no legend. However, I do need to set up legend and give the data points with different color based on its legend value. I have set up a color table to map the legend value with different color. I'm looking for a way of assigning the color to the scatter points based on that table. Is that possible?

Thanks,

phoebe