Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Requie Single Selection in filters pane BUG

In Power BI Desktop, in the filters pane when choosing "Require single selection" and then publishing to web, the end user is able to Ctrtl click to select multiple and also able to "clear" the filter to no selection. This is a bug as the "Require single selection is able to be overuled by the end user.

Hi @AmmoNijjar

May I know what kind of roles are these users who can click on Ctrl to select multiple options and clear the filter to no selection in your report workspace? Are they Contributors, Members or Admins? If a user who only is a Viewer in this workspace, will this user encounter the same problem? If you check in Filters pane of the report in Power BI service, will you see the Require single selection option still be ticked?

vcazhengmsft_0-1653966147481.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @AmmoNijjar

May I know what kind of roles are these users who can click on Ctrl to select multiple options and clear the filter to no selection in your report workspace? Are they Contributors, Members or Admins? If a user who only is a Viewer in this workspace, will this user encounter the same problem? If you check in Filters pane of the report in Power BI service, will you see the Require single selection option still be ticked?

vcazhengmsft_0-1653966147481.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Michelito

Hello @v-cazheng-msft,

It happens even in Power BI Desktop when developing. It was possible using ctrl button. I really think its a bug @v-cazheng-msft

Michelito_0-1701437405337.png

maxgordz
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-cazheng-msft,

are you still investigating this issue? I see the issue dates back to May 2022 and we still see this behaviour in the app where the end user can supercede the single selection by using ctrl to select more than one category in the filter. I want to stress to you that this is crucial for us to have filters which are defined as single selectable to remain single selectable and not switch to multi selectable.

Many thanks!

maxgordz
Regular Visitor

@v-cazheng-msft I have found another issue which is in my view even more problematic. I want to have the following reporting dates single selectable only. Therefore, in the filter I tick the "Require single selection" box in the corresponding filter.

maxgordz_1-1714132261971.png

Deployed to the app I get the following desired setting for the end user:

maxgordz_0-1714132230771.png

However, if the end user deselects the default value (in this case 31st March 2024) then the filter becomes multi selectable:

maxgordz_2-1714132451303.png

The expected behaviour of the filter would be the same as when using a slicer for single selection:

maxgordz_3-1714132735046.png

Here neither deselection or ctrl (issue posted above) will result in have multi selection where single selection only is expected and wanted. 

Could you also please take on this issue and treat it with high priority please.

Many thanks.