Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report page and visuals are dark colour after publishing to service

Hi

I have a report which looks fine in the dektop. But once it is published to Power BI service, the slicers and visiuals get a dark colour making it un-readable. This issue started recently. It was all working fine before. Has attached the screenshots of both.

Regards

Gopa KumarView from Power BI DesktopView from Power BI DesktopView from Power BI ServiceView from Power BI Service

Comments
Gopa
Advocate II

Just an update...when we revert back to the default theme and re-publish the report, this issue is resolved. Still does not see how a custom theme which was working fine until a few days back, suddently starts showing up this issue. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Gopa,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side with the waveform.json. Would you please test with this custom theme to see if the same issue happens on your side. If not, please share your custom theme json file with us. 

By the way, there is a new Power BI desktop release, please update desktop to July version 2.60.5169.3201.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu  

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Gopa
Advocate II

Hi @Vicky_Song @v-qiuyu-msft

I am attaching the theme file i had used. I now feel, the issue came up because of the new page 'wallpaper' setting. Becuase, I updated the desktop to the July 2018 version and the same issue which had come up in the service appeared in the desktop also. Was able to correct it by altering the wallpaper setting of the pages and the visual background settings.

{"name":"GK New Theme 2018","background":"#FFFFFF","foreground":"#333333","tableAccent":"#444444","dataColors":["#0073e5","#7ddc1f","#E21B1B","#ffa700","#A4167D","#00b159","#DA4167","#00aedb","#66c425","#d11141","#50DD8E","#E21B1B","#0094E2","#FF576F","#2975F0","#E3708D"],"visualStyles":{"*":{"*":{"*":[{"fontSize":10,"fontFamily":"Segoe UI","color":{"solid":{"color":"#333333"}}}],"general":[{"responsive":true}],"plotArea":[{"transparency":0}]}},"tableEx":{"*":{"grid":[{"gridVertical":false,"gridHorizontal":true,"gridHorizontalColor":{"solid":{"color":"#DEDEDE"}},"gridHorizontalWeight":1,"rowPadding":2,"outlineColor":{"solid":{"color":"#01B8AA"}},"outlineWeight":1,"textSize":10,"imageHeight":75}],"columnHeaders":[{"fontColor":{"solid":{"color":"#333333"}},"backColor":{"solid":{"color":"#F5F5F5"}},"autoSizeColumnWidth":true,"fontFamily":"Segoe UI","fontSize":10}]}}}}