Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reorder fields in filter pane is broken

Since the June 2023 release of Power BI desktop, you are no longer able to reorder fields in the filter pane. This issue exists in both Power BI desktop and Power BI service. Please fix it. 

Hi @roselilly23 ,

The issue is resolved in the new version 2.119.666.0 64-bit (July 2023).

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @roselilly23 ,

I reproduce your prblem, I will report it as soon as possible, thanks!

Best regards,

roselilly23
Advocate V

Thank you @v-yanjiang-msft , looking forward to hearing from you soon.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @roselilly23 ,

I have reported the issue internally, if there is any progress, I will update here.

Best regards,

anosul
Advocate I

Great news, waiting for changes or a workaround.

zapppsr
Kudo Collector

Hi. I can corroborate with the information.
Same thing here.

bmacknz
Advocate I

I came here for this same reason, definitely an issue that's greatly effecting my users' experience

PtrckG

This is a pretty big stuff-up. It affects at least three versions, Windows app, x64.exe and service.

anosul
Advocate I

Yes, it seems all versions from [2.118.*].
The latest version [2.118.828.0], published on 6/22/2023, still has it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a real pain not to have this option in the filter pane.  Please fix ASAP.  I have some very unhappy natives complaining about it already.

edhans
Super User

The immediate fix @Anonymous is to revert to the May desktop update. You will lose the New Card visual, but regain the ability to sort the filter pane.

The other option is to keep June, publish as is, then reorder the fields in the service by editing the published report. Then when a fix is published, (tomorrow, next week, july build?) you'll need to reorder the fields in the desktop version so they are correct when published.