Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Renaming columns in Power Query doesn't show up in Power Bi desktop model/data/report view

When renaming columns in the power query editor (Table.RenameColumns) the steps are applied correctly.

When clicking close and apply the table is refreshed and the old column names are there. Renaming doesn't get through.

Power Bi reports refreshed on the Power Bi service don't have this problem. This problem first appeared Friday the 16th.

We use the Dataverse connector to connect to dynamics.

Hi @JS-PBI ,

The issue has been reported internally, if there're any progress, I will update here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
JS-PBI
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft ,

Thank you for the update.

Regards.

WillemM
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Is there perhaps any progress for a fix of this very annoying issue ?

I would really appreciate that..... thx.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support

Hi @WillemM ,

The fix is checked in. It will roll out in SU08.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

JS-PBI
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft ,

That's great news. That means it will be in the august release?

Regards.

JS-PBI
Regular Visitor

I have the August release (2.120.731.0) and I checked by refreshing a couple of tables:

All column names had the correct name, bug seems to be resolved.

😀

felipe_souza
Frequent Visitor

I also updated to August version (2.120.731.0) and I don't have the problem anymore. For me it's solved.

Best Regards,

Felipe Souza

mayankdawar

I have installed version: 2.120.963.0 (August release) but still facing the same issue.

mayankdawar

@JS-PBI @v-yanjiang-msft Can someone please provide me with the link to download this version (2.120.731.0). As the issue still exists in the latest version.

JS-PBI
Regular Visitor

@Mayan you can try the following link:

Downloads | Microsoft Power BI

But I recommend you get the version from the microsoft store (you will always have the latest version).

NBurnat
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yangliu-msft 

I am using Version: 2.123.742.0 64-bit (November 2023) and still experienceing the issue. 

Step:  = Table.RenameColumns(#"Reordered Columns",{{"name", "Account"}, {"dict_list2suspectby", "List2suspectBy"}, {"dict_list2suspectdate", "List2suspectDate"}, {"dict_suspect2unqualby", "Suspect2identifiedBy"}, {"dict_suspect2unqualdate", "Suspect2identifiedDate"}, {"dict_unqual2passiveby", "Identified2passiveBy"}, {"dict_unqual2passivedate", "Identified2passiveDate"}, {"dict_passive2activeby", "Passive2activeBy"}, {"dict_passive2activedate", "Passive2activeDate"}})

not reflected in data model. 

Cheers

Nicole