Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh fails to run: The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. (429)

Hello there, 

I am hoping to get some support. I am puzzled with the error I started seeing since last week, 1st August. My model refreshes seamlessly in PowerBI desktop, but after publishing to Pro Workspace it fails to refresh, both when trigered manually or via scheduled refresh. What is strange, every time I refresh it refers to a different SharePoint hosted excel file as a source of problem. 

All files are unchanged - in structure and names. Sharepoint access remains unchanged as well. Credentials are correctly provided too. 

Any support or guidance will be much appreciated. 

Data source error: DataSource.Error: <ccon>Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://xxxxxx.sharepoint.com/teams/SD-Collaboration/_api/web/lists/getbyid('d2c701f2-8b0b-4f2c-89f8...' (429): . DataSourceKind = SharePoint. DataSourcePath = https://xxxxxx.sharepoint.com/teams/SD-Collaboration. Url = https://xxxxxx.sharepoint.com/teams/SD-Collaboration/_api/web/lists/getbyid('d2c701f2-8b0b-4f2c-89f8.... </ccon>. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: sp_COVID-MasterList.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-J-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 013724c9-4519-4b64-a8b7-d6ee099d5a89
Request ID: bb445de9-d223-edda-1172-d5a71ef29ecb
Time: 2022-09-07 09:10:59Z

Hi @OlgaO  

I am so glad to hear that you have fixed your issue . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. Have you found any solution?

OlgaO
Regular Visitor

@Anonymous unfortunately I haven't found a solution but this is deeply concerning. My reports that track data in near-real time are now useless for more than a week. Any idea how to escalate this issue with technical team?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @OlgaO 

Did you update your gateway to the latest version one ? What is your data source ?

Best Regards,

OlgaO
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

thank you for following up. There are three types of data sources:

1) SharePoint hosted excel files 

2) Azure SQL database

3) SQL Server Analysis Services database (set to run on an organizational gateway / DataGatewayCluster)

I checked with our IT colleagues and no changes have been made to the setup of our organizational gateway. No structural or credential related changes were made in the recent weeks. Once again, the error seems to be linked to SharePoint hosted Excel files. It is inconsistent though, as there are 7 files and each refresh returns error caused by a differen Excel file hosted on SharePoint. Your support on this will be much appreciated. 

OlgaO
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft @Anonymous 

I investigated the issue further and the following steps helped me to resolve it:

1) in PowerBI desktop file, under Options and Settings -> Data source settings -> Sharepoint I selected "Clear permissions" for my SharePoint folder and then I re-configured it again to Credentials type: Organizational account / Microsoft Account (logged in) with Privacy level = Organizational. 

2) In PowerBI service, under dataset settings -> data source credentials -> I selected "edit credentials" with Authentication method = OAuth2 and privacy level setting = Organizational for my SharePoint folder.

It appears that I had a mismatch in privacy level settings between desktop file and dataset published in PowerBI service. Once again, I haven't changed anything before issue started occuring so I am not sure what trigerred this error and / or discrepancy in Privacy level settings. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OlgaO @v-yetao1-msft 

I got an update.It is known issue and Microsoft team is working on it.

Pooja_Brisbane_0-1663196254298.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @OlgaO  

I am so glad to hear that you have fixed your issue . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,