Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh Fail

When I try to publish my dashboard from Power BI Desktop into my app space to replace it, it basically state the following: 

Power BI Desktop.JPG

Previously, the refresh does work fine, however I have changed a few fields or measures in the current update, it doesn't seem to work. 

The alternative is to delete the app space, however I am not intending to do that, as the report is currently being used by Business Stakeholder and it is time critical. Please assist to help, thanks:) 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tomzqb2

After you publish the report from Power BI desktop to service, please go to Power BI service Dataset Settings section, specify data sources credentials (configure gateway if required) then set schedule refresh.  See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

tomzqb2
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun, 

I have no access to data source credentials due to security concerns, and I can't perform schedule refresh. 

Is there any other way to update it, or the only solution is to decommission the app and re-release it to all my users? 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tomzqb2

As I mentioned in my previous post, in order to show updated report data in Power BI service, we need to specify data sources credentials for the dataset (require gateway if the data source is on-premises) so Power BI service can retrieve data from data sources via schedule refresh or manual refresh for the dataset. 

q3.PNG

As you are able to publish the report to a desired workspace in Power BI service, you should be able to configure above settings to achieve dataset refresh in Power BI service. If you really don't want to do dataset refresh in Power BI service, you can refresh the report in Power BI desktop, then republish the report to Power BI service. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

tomzqb2
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyu, 

As spoken I do not have the relevant access to create an on premise gateway connection. 

The refresh of the report in Power BI Desktop and republish of the report to Power BI service gave me the above attachment as stated in the first link. Thus would need to seek your guidance on how to republish the Power BI Service where both the visuals and datasets are updated. 

tomzqb2
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyu, 

I have just gotten the personal hotspot downloaded as it doesn't require office admin. But now, when I perform the scheduled refresh, it tells me it failed because of internal service error. What can I do about it? 

Gateway is Offline unable to reach.JPG