Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RLS dropping for a particular email group

I have RLS set up for various titles in our firm and one email group continually drops each night.  Typically I can restore them but I now am unable to add the group to the role. 

I get the following error:  

Activity ID: 6347e1a5-d113-4a9d-a679-3404d46745c0
Request ID: 3314f061-dd12-5e27-c37f-1ed2fd57c683
Correlation ID: b36344e5-c56e-ebea-7421-d45758986530
Status code: 400
Time: Thu Jul 07 2022 08:08:49 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.18578.34
Client version: 2206.4.12066-train
Cluster URI: https://2e7629c0a79547318ec508ec94449edc-api.analysis.windows.net/

Hi @JeremyElliott ,

Is your issue that you couldn’t add an email group to the RLS role? What kind of group is it? Security group or other groups? If you try again later, will you add it successfully?

If you do the operation in other browsers or after refreshing your browser page, will it be successful?

What kind of role of is group in the dataset workspace? Viewer or other role? If you check the permission list of the dataset, will you see the group listed there and what kind of permission identified for it?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @JeremyElliott ,

Is your issue that you couldn’t add an email group to the RLS role? What kind of group is it? Security group or other groups? If you try again later, will you add it successfully?

If you do the operation in other browsers or after refreshing your browser page, will it be successful?

What kind of role of is group in the dataset workspace? Viewer or other role? If you check the permission list of the dataset, will you see the group listed there and what kind of permission identified for it?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

JeremyElliott
Regular Visitor

Thank you for responding.  I discovered that the email group I was attempting to use was a 365 group which is not supported.  I switched to a distribution list and it worked well.  I am curious why it DID allow me to add the group (and work) for a short time before kicking it out in the overnight refresh.