Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Quickbooks Online Refresh Error

Started receiving the below connection error when refreshing data from Quickbooks Online to the PowerBI service on 6/21/2021.  Haven't had any issues connecting in the past and am using the standard QBO-PowerBI connector.  Anyone else having problems as well?  Thanks!

Data source error: Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://quickbooks.api.intuit.com/v3/company/9130346898648726/query?query=SELECT%20Id%2CName%2CSubCl...' (400): Bad Request. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 078ad742-fd34-430e-8f3d-72b48c6090bb
Request ID: 0cf1c374-2a61-f39a-2c24-86dba4ddecaa
Time: 2021-06-25 11:58:10Z

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

If you could refresh it in power bi desktop?

and also try to re-edit the datasource credentials in dataset setting.

Regards,

Lin

bmaupin
Frequent Visitor

@v-lili6-msft 

Lin,

Currently unable to refresh in desktop, still receiving the script errors in the OAuth when refreshing data.  I've been using the online service to refresh any live data I have previously needed in Desktop, now it seems both are down.

I have updated my system environment variables to the below settings as well, any other suggestions are appreciated!

bmaupin_0-1624893174127.png

brianchannyc
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue here, not able to refresh after 6/21.  I updated the datasource credentials many times and still no luck.

Can you help here?

brianchannyc_0-1624978497371.png

bmaupin
Frequent Visitor

@brianchannyc 

My QBO connection is using the old data tables and contains the "class" table which were somehow changed or removed from QBO and were causing the refresh error.  I removed the class table from my dataset in Desktop, then re-published and refreshed without error. I don't use that table for any reporting, so it did not have an impact.  Snip from my error message below identified the fields that caused my refresh errors.  Hope this helps.

bmaupin_0-1624979787628.png

brianchannyc
Regular Visitor

how do you remove the class table?

brianchannyc
Regular Visitor

looks like i have the same error here...can you tell me how to remove the class table?

brianchannyc_0-1624981557742.png

bmaupin
Frequent Visitor

@brianchannyc 

IF you are using the class fields in your reporting from that particular table, those reports will fail or have issues.  I was not using them, so did not have to worry about any other reporting issues.

1. Open the PBIX file in PowerBI Desktop (if you don'thave the original you can download the current PBIX from the PowerBI Online Service, then open that file)
  2. In the fields section on the right you should see a group called "class"
  3. Hover over the field and click the three horizontal dotted lines to the right and select "delete from model"
  4. Save the file and re-publish
  5. Re-run the data refresh

bmaupin_1-1624981883986.png

bmaupin_0-1624981816403.png

bmaupin
Frequent Visitor

@brianchannyc 

It may be prudent to save a copy of the original PBIX download BEFORE you delete the class table from the model in case something blows up.  Safety first 🙂 Good luck

brianchannyc
Regular Visitor

I never moved to powerbi desktop.  I am still using the cloud based powerbi.

I am in a process of moving to desktop...

do you know why I don't see all the tables in powerbi desktop?  like the general ledger table?

brianchannyc_1-1624984856336.png