Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBI Desktop Import option(with or without DAX query) is not working

Hello,

Can some one help me with the issue? I am woking on PowerBI Desktop import option(with or without Dax query) and until February 2022 it was working fine and suddenly it stopped working and couldn't able to amend existing DAX queries or create new dashboard with DAX query. Connect live is working but import is not working and getting the below error message.

pkalyan_0-1650620031138.png

pkalyan_1-1650620066244.png

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Kind Regards,

Padmaja

Please try that:

1. Update Power BI Desktop to April version to check this issue again with the same data source
  2. How about the data size of your data source and in recent month whether it has been changed which could affect that. To approve it, you can try to create a small size table under the same datas source and use import mode to connect to test it

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test when I connect to SSAS data source with import mode(Desktop version: 2.104.702.0 April 2022).

Which version of Power BI Desktop you have used in this issue, and have you tried to clear the permissions in Datra source Settings in Power BI Desktop to reconnect to the same source to check this issue again?

vyingjl_0-1650851795137.png

Best Regards,

pkalyan
Regular Visitor

Hello Yingjie Li,

Thank you for your reply, 

I am using - Version: 2.103.881.0 64-bit (March 2022)

Yes, I did clear the permissions in Data source Settings in Power BI Desktop and reconnected, still the issue is same

pkalyan_0-1650876076801.png

Kind Regards,

Padmaja

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Please try that:

1. Update Power BI Desktop to April version to check this issue again with the same data source
  2. How about the data size of your data source and in recent month whether it has been changed which could affect that. To approve it, you can try to create a small size table under the same datas source and use import mode to connect to test it

Best Regards,

pkalyan
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I have tried below

1. Updated Power BI Desktop to April version. -2.104.702.0 64-bit (April 2022)
  2. I have tried to create a small size table under the same datas source and used import mode to connect to test it, but the issue is same - just a small table (ex: evaluate dimproduct, which have only 1000 rows)

None of the solutions are working.

Kind Regards,

Padmaja

pkalyan
Regular Visitor

Hello Yingjie Li,

Could you please give me some feedback on the above query?

Kind Regards,

Padmaja

pkalyan
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Can you some one help me with the above isssue?

Kind Regards,

Padmaja