Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power Bi Datamart - cannot delete or edit datasource

I am using Power BI datamart and connected to several sources to get data. One of them gives issues with data source credentials.

When viewing the lineage I can see which source it is, but I am unable to delete or edit the credentials of it.

Any idea how to fix this?

See screenshotsSchermafbeelding 2022-10-21 om 12.52.08.pngSchermafbeelding 2022-10-21 om 12.51.23.png

Hi @BartVM ,

From the screenshot, it seems that the connection to the web data source is not successful, it shows "unable to connect", you need to check that you are using the correct connection credentials, URL etc. You can try to recreate a new data mart.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @BartVM ,

From the screenshot, it seems that the connection to the web data source is not successful, it shows "unable to connect", you need to check that you are using the correct connection credentials, URL etc. You can try to recreate a new data mart.

Best regards,

BartVM
Regular Visitor

hi,

I understand what you are saying, but that is exactly the problem: There is no possibility to edit credentials: Can you give me the exact location where I can do that in the datamart besides in settings? Neither I can delete that only source connection. (I used 3 source connections in the datamart). All the others in the datamart are correct.

Can you please help me further? 

Regards

Bart

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BartVM ,

My idea is that you create a new data mart for testing and use this data mart to connect to the web data source (since the error seems to occur on this data source) to check if there is a problem with the connection to this data source and find out where the problem is.

Best regards,

BartVM
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I understand, bu I do not need the datasource anymore. I used excel import. So I would like to delete it, get rid of it. Seems impossible in Datamart? 

Or edit credentials: see screenshot again with the issue: so I cannot edit credentials and I cannot delete the bad source (used 3 sources)

Please give me some help (if I need to creat a new datamart I need to redo all the ETL)

Schermafbeelding 2022-10-25 om 10.56.31.png

Regards

Bart

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BartVM ,

Yes, I also agree your idea that it is impossible to delete one datasource from datamart, I want to  achieve this but failed, what I can do is to directly delete datamart.

I will suggest you to create a support ticket.

If you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft

Power BI Community

Best regards,

emerson098
Regular Visitor

Did you find a solution to this problem? I am experiencing the same issue.

BartVM
Regular Visitor

No therefore we stopped using this and implemented Azure synapse to do this work. For us Datamart is a black whole which you cannot influence enough. 

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Same issue here. I want to delete a datasource because of a faulty connection, but it's not possible to do this via Fabric / datamart settings