Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI crashes when adjusting visual sizes

Dear All, 
I am working on Power BI desktop (version December 2023) and when adjusting the sizes of visuals my computer crashes unexpectedly for more than 5 times today already. It is quite frustrating, because even if I save quite often, I still lose progress every time it crashes.

Does anyone have a solution ?
Best regards,

Annie 

Hi  @niniison 

Then you need to check if the version of Desktop matches the computer's operating system. Please check your installation environment as below.

vyetao1msft_0-1704792958811.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Ritaf1983
Super User

Hi @niniison 
I moved the post to the "Issues".
Can you please give more details / some screenshots?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @niniison 

Have you had this problem before? Does the problem only occur on the December version of Desktop? If you do any other operations, does that cause this issue as well? How did you update to the December Desktop?

Best Regards,

niniison
Frequent Visitor

Hello Alisa, 

The problem occured from time to time since I started using Power BI about 3 years ago. There is not a particular action which "triggers" the crashing in my opinion. I mentioned adjusting report visual sizes in the original comment as it was the action I took when I encountered the issue. As a result, I save the report every 2-3 minutes of action taken. 

The version I am using (as mentioned in the original comment) is the December 2023 version. 

Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots, as when it crashes, the whole window disappears (not much to screenshot of when there is nothing to screenshot)

Thanks for the help, 

Annie

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @niniison 

Then you need to check if the version of Desktop matches the computer's operating system. Please check your installation environment as below.

vyetao1msft_0-1704792958811.png

Best Regards,