Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Data Gate way

Hi,

I need help for Data Gate way . we are working for client and client already purchase power BI pro licence for as .We are working for azure factory and create data base for Report and we are working on our envirement power Bi desktop and publish report on power BI service .so where gate way installed? suppose install(gate way)in my system  when my system sutdown gate way may be stop.

and we are working for SSIS package when pakages run in daily 1:30 hours and after gate way shedule refresh .My question is how can i magane gate run in daily bases without any stop?

Thanks In advance.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Which data sources used in the report? Please go to Data Sources Settings in the report to find used data sources in this report. 

Then check if these data sources do require gateway to refresh in Power BI service based on this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-data-sources

If the report does need gateway, please ensure the machine which hosts the gateway is on when the dataset is refreshing. You can see the requirements of gateway here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-install#requirements

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for response. 

Which data sources used in the report?

->we are using Azure Sql server Database and Report database in that (Azure Sql server Database).

we connect Azure sql sever and create report in desktop Power BI and Publish report on power BI service and share report with client.

->Suppose data base will update (means any new record) enter in database so how we can manage update  becuse everey 1:30 hrs database may be update and client need updated report. so in my scenario we need data gate way ? Please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks In Advance.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

It looks like the report only contains Azure SQL data source, right? 

After publishing the report to Power BI service, it doesn't require any gateway to refresh. You just need to go to Dataset Settings, specify valid credential for the Azure SQL data source, then set schedule refresh. If the report doesn't reside in a premium workspace, we can only set maximum 8 schedule time. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your response its very help full for me.but i am not getting"If the report doesn't reside in a premium workspace, we can only set maximum 8 schedule time."  beacuse we have Pro version of power BI.

You means we can set 8 time mean (per day)(like1:00PM,1:30PM,2:00PM,2:30PM,3:00PM,3:30PM,4:00PM,4:30PM)this 8 Time schedule  ? Please answer me as soon as possible.

Thanks In advance. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Yes, you are right. Without Premium license, we can add 8 scheudle time at most for daily refresh. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu