Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Please enable "Publish to web" for Azure Maps

Right now Azure Maps can not be availed in Publish to Web.

In my company, we do publish lots of Power BI reports to our website using the integrated maps visuals. However, soon the older map visuals will be disabled and replaced by Azure Maps (I get that message every time I open PBI desktop).

I really like Azure Maps, as it looks more modern. However, it is a huge problem that it can not be availed in Publish to Web. What are the alternatives when the older map visuals will be disabled?

Below I have listed an expample of the difference between the old map (left) vs. Azure Maps (right). Azure Maps looks much better , doesn't it?

2024-03-07_11-44-32.png

Hi  @bhvass 

According to the official documentation, Azure Map does not currently support Publish to Web. 

You can vote the idea and comment there to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . Whats more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @bhvass 

According to the official documentation, Azure Map does not currently support Publish to Web. 

You can vote the idea and comment there to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . Whats more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

bhvass

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

Thank you for your response.

I will suggest the feature on the idea site.

However, I do find it concerning that PowerBI disable the opportunity to Publish to web when using a map visual, if not Azure Map are availed to do so.

Best regards
Bror