Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PDF Export is taking forever

Hi, when I export a report as PDF from the power BI service, the export is taking a very long time (i.e. minutes)

This started a few weeks ago. Before that it used to take a normal amount of time.

The report is not changed at all.

What can I change to shorten the time required?

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @elxinside ,

It spent less than one minute exporting a report to PDF in my test.

For you scenario, please check if your report contains too much data and complex report definition. Also check if the network is under heavy load. You can try to clear the cache of web browser. And re-publish the report to service for a test.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

elxinside
Frequent Visitor

I've already tried on different browser and different PCs and the behaviour is the same so I think it is "service" related. Also re-publishing doesn't change the time neede.

The report deosn't contain much data.

I'll try to delete a few measures and see if something changes.

Thanks

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @elxinside ,

Is the problem mitigated if deleting some measures?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

elxinside
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I've deleted all mesures and the export is still taking 1 min &  50 sec

Still not usable  if many export are needed

Clubtimiser

Hi,

Was there any resolution to this issue?

I am experiencing the exact same. However it never finishes (let the browser upon for a day, however it did not finish).

It just suddenly stopped working. I have tryed creating the report all over again, and then it worked... but only for a few days. Then it stopped working again.

/Joakim