Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PDF Export From Desktop not Exporting Full Pages

Hello,

I posted this in the help section of the community, but I believe it is a bug with the most recent update (October 2023).

I routinely export desktop PBI reports to PDF for sharing in newsletters. Today, for some reason, when I exported to PDF, only about the top left quarter of each page is exported instead of the full page. 

I have attempted exporting multiple different reports, closing and re-opening Power BI, and restarting my computer to no avail. Nothing in my report has changed other than refreshing the data. Each page is the default 16:9 720x1280 size.

I was able to successfully export from a report published to the online workspace, but not desktop. A coworker was also able to successfully export from desktop with the August 2023 update. 

Link to help thread with numerous others with the same issue

Any help in getting this resolved would be appreciated!

Hi  all,

Please Update Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime to the version 118.0.2088.76.

The solution is provided,now this thread will be closed.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @PurpleWave22 ,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

aabudouleh

I'm facing the same issue on the September 2023 version since today. I worked on the same version last week and it worked just fine. Moreover, my colleague has an older version and faces this issue too.

Did you manage to solve it?

pdr_belgium

I also tried previous versions, but the same there. Something with the PDF library?2023-10-23 092359.png

Can this be hot fixed ?

NIkolaP

Same problem here, i have the right side of the report cut off in the pdf. I am using the May 22 version and was able to export to pdf without any problems just a month ago. Looking forward to the solution.

Many thanks,

Nikola

WBT-DE

Hi!

I am facing the same problem since this morning/friday. I had the september 23 version with that issue, updated it and still have the issue. PDF exporting of my repors is not working correctly - there seems to be a BUG. The size of the export.. the report is not scaled correctly and it is only showing 75% of the report in the PDF export file.

Thanks!

Best regards! 

SirraH77
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem of PDF-export cutting reports. It does not comply with the setting "Fit to Page". When exporting it seems to reset the setting to 100 %.

Hope this will be fixe ASAP.

Best regards!

-Harri-

WBT-DE

Hi!

I have changed the report page size to custom and then to my solution of my PC (1920 x 1080) and now I can export it completly. Sorry.. hard to descripe and the Screenshot is in Germany, but it works 😉 

It looks like that now:

WBTDE_0-1698062290515.png

marcossoria

Already mentioned by @WBT-DE above but if you change the canvas size to 1080x1920 in Canvas settings the visuals will align with the cut off.

Only problem is having to do this for every page, but good workaround for now.

WBT-DE

Yes, not satisfying, but at least a workaround for now. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I had to change this seetings for about 50 or 60 reports and slides -.-

But still happy to found the way to work around.. 😉 

Joaocastro7

Same problem here... we need this fixed asap.