Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

On premises gateway self signed certificate now being rejected after March 24 was working prior.

Patched to 3000.214.9 March 24

Now the data sync is kicking back on the SSL error for the self-signed certificate. sync works fine with the force encryption removed.

MessageParameters=[Microsoft SQL;<ccon>A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.)</ccon>]
MessageParametersContainsPrivateInformation=[False;True] --->

Hi  @Pbloke 

The information you provided is insufficient to determine the cause of the problem. What operation are you doing that is causing this problem? Can you provide detailed steps or screenshots?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @Pbloke 

The information you provided is insufficient to determine the cause of the problem. What operation are you doing that is causing this problem? Can you provide detailed steps or screenshots?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Pbloke

Hi.

My on-premesis gateway was previously connecting on a self-signed SSL on the on premisis SQL and syncing correctly. i upgraded the gateway to March 24 version as it keep nagging, immedately after the upgrade the Power BI sync failed with the error message on the self signed SSL being rejected. 

with the self-signed SSL certificate enforced on the on-premisis SQL the connection to the gateway is successful but the model doesnt refresh with the OP error message.

This was working 100% before the March 24 patch. is there a work around as with the local SQL connections which i saw on the last power BI update also.... Power BI really don't like you using self signed certificates i guess. i have now purchased on CA ssl for this, but updates sure are painfull when it knocks out such a large part of the process. 

Pbloke_1-1713256894946.png

When i turn off the force encryption on the on premisis SQL it all works fine, till i turn it back on then it kicks back the data refresh.

Pbloke

full error message from gateway connector log is-

GatewayPipelineErrorCode=DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError
GatewayVersion=3000.214.9
MessageContainsPrivateInformation=True
Reason=DataSource.Error
ReasonContainsPrivateInformation=False
DetailContainsPrivateInformation=True
MessageFormat={0}: {1}
MessageFormatContainsPrivateInformation=False
MessageParameters=[Microsoft SQL;<ccon>A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.)</ccon>]
MessageParametersContainsPrivateInformation=[False;True] --->
[1]Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.Diagnostics.GatewayPipelineWrapperException: Substituted: MashupValueException:<ccon>Microsoft SQL: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted.)</ccon>