Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

New reference labels issues (november 2023)

I was testing the new Reference Labels for the new card visual, and while it looks great in general, I found a bothersome issue:

• Number formatting options (decimal places) on reference lavel values are ignored both from the metric itself and even if we try to force them in the formatting options of the reference label:
    agusmba_0-1700208390526.png

• In the same place, Display units for decimal values are also ignored (they seem to work with integer metrics)

Thank you for the new improvements!

Agustín

Hi all,

Desktop has been updated for the December release, please bring your Desktop up to date and test if the issue exists.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
phelmsdk
Advocate I

It is the same issue if you use callout values on the new button slicer visual.

agusmba
Advocate II

@phelmsdkyesterday I opened a bug report on the new button slicer visual, maybe you want to comment there also. New button slicer issues 

phelmsdk
Advocate I

Gladly. I also found out, that if you use FORMAT to force no. of decimal places (and a thousand separator), it is not formating all numbers correctly.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @agusmba 

You're using custom formatting settings on the circled portion aren't you? Can you provide your sample for reference?

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

agusmba
Advocate II

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

I'm not using custom formatting on the decimal metric.
I tested it on a complex internal report, I'll try to see if I can reproduce it on a simpler report.

Best regards,

Agustín.

agusmba
Advocate II

Here is a simple report exhibiting the formatting bug (download link available for 1 week): https://we.tl/t-QAqm0EE2f4

agusmba_0-1700474534687.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @agusmba 

This is what it shows when I open it using your sample. I set the Value decimal places to 1 and it shows one decimal place except for 82 which is not showing one decimal place. This is not consistent with the screenshot you provided me. My test version is also from November.

vyetao1msft_0-1700558077523.png

Best Regards,

agusmba
Advocate II

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

That's strange.

I'm also using the x64 version from November, downloaded last week:

Version: 2.123.684.0 64-bit (November 2023)

Is there a more recent version of PBI Desktop?

Best regards,

Agustín.

phelmsdk
Advocate I

Hi @v-yetao1-msft - The screenshot you provided shows the decimal places for the Callout value - is is the same for the reference label? I have the same issue as @agusmba 

agusmba
Advocate II

Hi again @v-yetao1-msft ,

like @phelmsdk said, you were showing the format for the Callout value, not the reference label. Even if it seems it's somehow working for you... (do you have a different desktop version?)

My reference label is not picking up the number of decimals from the metric format nor from the visual formatting:

agusmba_0-1700560134472.png

Best regards,

Agustín.