Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

New card visual: Ongoing issues (Repeated indices found in GroupBy or Projections)

Good news first: It looks like with the February update, this issue was resolved: New card visual bug ... 
But sadly now there's a new issue with the visual, this time it's the custom formatting of the Reference Labels.

timalbers_0-1708353886168.png

Some operations are causing the whole visual to throw the above error "Repeated indices found in GroupBy or Projections".
In my case it happens every time I am adding a custom format rule for Reference Label > Detail > Font Color / Color.
This is only the case when the same field is used for the formatting rule like as for the data of the detail field itself.

Hi  @timalbers 

I used a field  more than once in different properties of the same visual. The information displayed on the new card visual is still normal, and there are no errors as you say. Is it possible for you to create a sample for reference? 

vyetao1msft_0-1709027407573.png

vyetao1msft_1-1709027451410.png

vyetao1msft_2-1709027597076.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
aforrest
Regular Visitor

@ZGA_M I'm a ninja at rebuilding them now 😂

Could they possibly implement a fix so we don't have to rebuild? unsure on the likelihood of that

ZGA_M
Frequent Visitor

@aforrest Ye, I'm not betting on a quick fix to be honest. Plus we're using some of the card visuals for reporting to external stakeholders as well. Next time I'll hopefully (knowing myself probably not to be fair😆) think twice before using preview futures 

aforrest
Regular Visitor

@ZGA_M okay so I'm working on one now (newly created). Worked perfectly when I was using the same 2 reference labels as I copied from one tab to another. 

As I copied the new card again I took out one reference label value as it wasn't required for that tab. looks fine in desktop but cloud version doesn't work at all. 

So it seems that currently you cannot modify a card at all once you have created it, you have to start again...

ZGA_M
Frequent Visitor

@aforrest Yep, rebuilding them from scratch seems to work. Even the condionatal formatting en the text in details seems to work fine now. Just 17 cards to go...

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Tried rebuilding another card and applying conditional formatting on the background of a detail label, which broke the visual right away.

No idea why it doesn't work for this one, while it does work for the other one. The formatting is exactly the same and the measures being used are similar to the other cards, while those do not break. 

PowerBolognese
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. Any card with the conditonal formatting (font colour) on reference label details will completely blank the entire card. Has broken many reports, hoping for a quick hot fix, and not having to wait months.

Datafrans
Regular Visitor

Experiencing the same issue in the february 2024 version. Also the format pane shows "Something's wrong with the visual. Please fix the error to use formatting options." 

Only thing is that I cannot see any formatting options for the affected visual. The Format options are all gone (see image below).issue formatting options.jpg

DFerolie

I am having the same issue - 

DFerolie_1-1708707288162.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @timalbers 

I used a field  more than once in different properties of the same visual. The information displayed on the new card visual is still normal, and there are no errors as you say. Is it possible for you to create a sample for reference? 

vyetao1msft_0-1709027407573.png

vyetao1msft_1-1709027451410.png

vyetao1msft_2-1709027597076.png

Best Regards,

timalbers
Advocate V

@v-yetao1-msft thanks for your effort!

I really would like to provide you a sample dataset, but evry time I try to reproduce the same behaviour with sample data, the error does not occur. It is only the case in my original dataset - which obviously I cannot share.
So it seems, only existing reports are affected. Also the "Reset all properties" of the affected visual does not help, it throws an error again. Only way to fix existing visuals is to delete them and set everything up from scratch.

Maybe someone else can provide sample data?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @timalbers 

If this problem is occurring on a previous visual and there is no way to restore the problem by creating a new visual, I would suggest that you open a Support ticket . In this case , a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,