Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Multiple Credentials in Dataflows

I would like to set up multiple dataflows where some have username and password A, while others have username and password B, but all connect to the same SQL, cloud database. Per the documentation, it appears dataflows cannot manage multiple credentials for the same data source. I tried to get around this limitation by creating the dataflows in different workspaces, but that didn't seem to work.

If anyone has any idea on how to solve this issue, I'd really appreciate the help!

Hi @Anonymous 

I’ve tested on it. Just as the official document said, dataflows created based on the same data source with gateway do not support multiple credentials. If you really need this feature, please consider submitting this idea in Power BI Ideas. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous 

I’ve tested on it. Just as the official document said, dataflows created based on the same data source with gateway do not support multiple credentials. If you really need this feature, please consider submitting this idea in Power BI Ideas. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-cazheng-msft Caiyun,

I'd appreciate clarification on several things.

1. I am not using a gateway for these dataflows, so do dataflows with multiple credentials work for some data sources, but not others?
  2. Why doesn't putting the dataflows in different workspaces help? That's what I tried, but it seems the credentials were overwritten no matter what. Is it because I created both of them? Would it work if different authors created each dataflow?

Also per your suggestion, I did post a suggestion to add this feature. If you could answer my questions above, it will help me find a workaround in the meantime.

Thanks for your support!