Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Mobile Layout - BUG - Manually changing Visual Position (Horiztonal and Vertical go to - numbers)

Hi there,

I've run into a bit of an issue in Power BI Desktop (Version: 2.109.782.0 64-bit (September 2022)) using the Mobile Layout.  Frequently when trying to change the Position of a visualisation, it will ignore the numbers that I'm typing into the Horizontal and/or Vertical text box and the numbers will go negative, effectively removing the visual from the screen.

In the below example, I'm using a CARD visual and trying to type in the position of Horizontal = 18, Vertical = 1140 (with a height of 100 and width of 18).  It has changed the values to Horizontal = -215, Vertical = -115 and the visualisation has disappeared from the screen.  I'm not able to get it back.  Each time I change the Horiztonal or Vertical position it just ignores my values and keeps it as a negative.  I was able to type Horizontal = 0 and Vertical = 0 but once I click off this layer and click back it reverts to the Horizontal = -215 and Vertical = -115.

I can't remove this layer as it doesn't exist on the screen so there is no X to click.  I've tried clicking DELETE when selecting the layer but it doesn't do anything.  The only option I have is to click the option to remove all visualisations and start again (obviously no ideal when I have 20+ visualisations already positioned and adjusted.

This isn't a one-off.  It's happened multiple times in multiple different PBIX files.  I haven't had any issues when I drag and drop visualisations around the screen, but when trying to manually adjust the visualisations this sometimes occurs.

I've attached a screenshot showing the issue.

Power BI - Mobile Layout - Position Negative Numbers Issue.jpg

Thanks

Hi @mav17 ,

When you first create this card visual, what is its default horizontal and vertical?Is it negative from the beginning?

I also created this visual, but it seems that I can change value normally:

vmengzhumsft_0-1664439666377.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mav17 ,

I will wait for your follow-up progress. Please keep me informed if you have any information, and be careful to avoid displaying private information. Thanks in advance~

Best regards,

mav17
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft ,

I've enabled logging and had the issue occur.  Is there anything specifically I'm looking for in the logs?

Regards,

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mav17 ,

I think the most important thing you need to be concerned about is something that is visual related and obviously something that is showing errors . Is there anything  related to that?

Best regards,

mav17
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft ,

I couldn't find anything related to an error or the specific visual in the logs.  They are extremely hard to read though so my have missed something.  Is there a specific term I should be looking for?

Thanks,

menphis21
Helper IV

Hello @v-mengzhu-msft @mav17 @tonethf 

I have the same issue only in mobile layout. 

if there is a solution, i would be happy to know ,

thank you

menphis21_0-1675166133105.png

tonethf
Regular Visitor

Hi @menphis21
I didnt find a solution to the issue, but I found sort of a workaround:
If you disable "Snap to grid" in the page options it is at least easier to move the visualisations around on the page..
Sorry hope this helps you too 🙂

mav17
Regular Visitor

Hi @menphis21 ,

No luck from my end,  I've been trying to avoid setting up the mobile view until it's a bit more developed, in which case I assume one of the dev's will find and fix the bug.  @tonethf 's snap to grid option is interesting.  I like to manually enter the x and y positions instead of drag as I feel like it gives me more control over where things are on the screen so I'm not sure if it will help me.

Regards,

kewaynes
Helper III

Hey all,

Same issue here. Frustrating...

michalfoster
Power BI Team

Hey @KE , @mav17 

The position issue related to grouped visuals in desktop layout

Until the team will provide a fix you can use the following workaround:

• Ungrouped the visuals in the desktop layout.
  • Set the visuals in mobile layout using the position properties.
  • Regroup the visuals in Desktop layout.

Thanks,

Michal