Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Map layers, info disappearing on ArcGIS

Hello.

I then save it and open the document back up and the layers have disappeared - both the infographics and the reference layer. It simply reverts. I had a similar problem where the colors of the coordinates were not saving, but now it's an issue with the layers. I have tried everything - changing the symbol size, turning the layers on and off, and nothing seems to work. Am I missing something obvious? Is there a save button somewhere, ha??

This is what it should look like:

arcgis Issue.PNG

This is what it reverts to when I open the report again or change pages:

GIS issue2.PNG

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft I do not have an ESRI login? I am confused why this can't go through the PowerBi system. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft ESRI is not able to answer this question.

Please see: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/maps-for-powerbi/get-started/account-types.htm

which states that a standard account with PowerBi should be able to use ArcGIS with the free reference layers and infographics available. However, these layers are disappearing when I close the application or move to a different page (with saving). 

jdbuchanan71
Super User

I am having the same problem which makes the ESRI maps pretty much useless.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdbuchanan71 This is so odd. About three months ago the symbols colors would disappear, then everything worked for about a month, and now it's just totally reverting back no matter what I do (turn on and off layers, remove something then add it back, save in different ways, change symbols, etc). 

Very frustrating, especially when this map would be a great addition to a report, but it will most likely have to be configured independently in ArcGIS. 

Zhangxp
Regular Visitor

Hi, I found the same issue.

I have created the maps in ArcGIS mapview. From there, I added layers from different sources and added the whole map as a reference layer to Power BI ArcGIS map. Then I found the KML and WMS layers will disappear after reload the page in Power BI, while the layers from other sources do not have the same issue.