Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Linked Dataflows are Not Refreshing

I have a series of linked dataflows. The early dataflows are refreshing, but when I open the next flow it has not refreshed. I will manually hit refresh on that flow multiple times and it will not refresh.  I have read that there is a 48 refresh limit and wondered if this could be related. Is the 48 refresh limit per dataset or per work space. Attached is a screenshot of the linked dataflows. @je

bmoon_0-1677782595158.png

Hi @bmoon 

What method did you use to create the second dataflow ? By using linked tables ? 48 times is not for a whole workspace, it is for a single dataset inside Premium workspace, so if your refresh number is not more than 48 times, there is no problem as you said . Are there any errors reported when you manually refresh the second dataflow? Can you make sure that the data of the first dataflow in question is updated?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @bmoon 

What method did you use to create the second dataflow ? By using linked tables ? 48 times is not for a whole workspace, it is for a single dataset inside Premium workspace, so if your refresh number is not more than 48 times, there is no problem as you said . Are there any errors reported when you manually refresh the second dataflow? Can you make sure that the data of the first dataflow in question is updated?

Best Regards,

bmoon
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft We are using a linked entity. The originating table successfully refreshed and we can see updated records. The linked entity is not reflecting the updated results. It seems to be stuck on the results from a refresh in December 2022. We have refreshed the linked entity many times and it doesn't seem to update to the current data.

There are no errors in the refresh and we have confirmed that the first dataflow is updated.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @bmoon 

Did you set filters in the second dataflow to filter out the latest data?

Best Regards,

rdnguyen
Helper V

@bmoon I also stucked with the similar issue since Dec 2022. Still not able to get through that.

Please see if my case is similar to yours?

Dataflow refresh didn't load newest data - Microsoft Power BI Community

I felt relieved to see similar case because it made me nervous if only me experienced this technical issue.

bmoon
Frequent Visitor

@rdnguyen It appears we are having the same issue - I read your post. We are meeting with a Microsoft Support Engineer today. I will let you know if they have a solution.

rdnguyen
Helper V

Good morning @bmoon ,

Is the architecture you have look like this

X is siphoning data from SQL server, and B referred to X and another dataflow A. Now that when C collect data from B, the congestion happened at B that data is showing at B, but not C.

The change I made is Y solely referred to X, then B is now referring to Y and A.

Somehow somewhere I read about the Enhanced compute engine, both issues had their dataflows remains in the default mode with is Optimized. This mode is turned off when there is dataflow connected to datasource, but turned on for those has linked entities of another dataflow. Maybe the issue is right there that if B referred to X (the staging dataflow that is immediate connected to SQL Server) and linked entities from dataflow A; this mixed mode throw B into confliction of Optimized Enhanced Compute Engine.

My got fixed this morning after I made that change, if you see it is applicable, try it out after technical meeting (if not yet solution), then let me know.