Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Issues publishing Power BI App

Hi,

I seem to have run into some issues regarding publishing Power BI Apps.

We have about 20 different apps running in my organisation, all published like seperate App workspaces.

Now it seems that everytime I try to publish an app it removes all the people or groups I have entered in the adressline.

- I press "Publish", enter all details, and whoever needs access to this app and publish the app

- I wait about 5-15 seconds and get the "Your app has now been published" screen.

- When I update my window, every single person or group has been removed and the "adressline" is all empty (usually this should contain the names of all the people I would have added".

If I simply wants to add new people to an existing published App, all the new people added is removed - Even though the "Your app has been updated" has been shown.

There is no error message anywhere - just nothing....

Does anyone else get this issue?

Comments
gabrielefinessi

Today i have the same problem!

gabriele
Regular Visitor

Same Problem

mmccarthy
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. Its all day today. For the past month its been intermittent, sometimes closing down and opening the report works but other times not. Today unable to publish all day. Numerous other issues the last month as well that didn't exist before, like refreshes failing with no error messages, unable to connect to data sources (hanging while connecting to sharepoint forever) etc...

Whatever you changed, change it back, at the moment its not a tool that is fit for purpose!

mmccarthy
Frequent Visitor

I've just downloaded the latest version of power bi and now it works. its been around a week since i last did that, so its not like i'm way out of date. perhaps they are fixing their issues or the issue has been resolved.

TOSB
Regular Visitor

My issue is only concerning publishing an app in the service. My desktop works just fine without any publishing issues, but I also have the newest updated version installed.

TOSB
Regular Visitor

Hi again,

It seems to be working again now.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@TOSB @mmccarthy Glad to hear the issue is resolved on your side. 

@gabriele @gabrielefinessi  Please test again to see if the issue still occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@TOSB @mmccarthy Glad to hear the issue is resolved on your side. 

@gabriele @gabrielefinessi  Please test again to see if the issue still occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu