Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue : Multiple values in Matrix

Hello, 

I am looking to find a solution. 

I would like to create a matrix where I could display more than one value by column. 

On the Dummy example you can see below, we only see "First Projects" on Values but I am looking to display all of them. 

Any idea ? 

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help. 

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Hi @Pizza__,

For matrix visual, the expected values are some aggregated values. Normally, we use some fields containing numeric values, measures, or calculated columns as matrix values. And if you drag a field whose data type is Text, then Power BI will automatically choose a proper aggregate type for your Text column, as you can see First.

Work with aggregates (sum, average, and so on) in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you would like to display multiple values by column, unfortunately, according to the design, you couldn’t get what you want with matrix visual. So I would suggest you display all your table values with Table visual.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
Pizza__

Edit : There are similar datas for the same date. 

For example : 

Family A / 2022-04 / Project 8

Family A / 2022-04 / Project 9

Family A / 2022-04 / Project 10 

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Pizza__,

For matrix visual, the expected values are some aggregated values. Normally, we use some fields containing numeric values, measures, or calculated columns as matrix values. And if you drag a field whose data type is Text, then Power BI will automatically choose a proper aggregate type for your Text column, as you can see First.

Work with aggregates (sum, average, and so on) in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you would like to display multiple values by column, unfortunately, according to the design, you couldn’t get what you want with matrix visual. So I would suggest you display all your table values with Table visual.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun