Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Is it possible to display the second level of hierarchy data while selecting only one slicer option?

Dear team, 

I would like to design a grid report, which should display the second level of details while selecting only one primary level data in the slicer. If I selected multiple options in the primary level slicer then the grid should display the selected primary level data. Is it possible to achieve this on a Power BI desktop?

I have a single table with a proper hierarchy level as well. I have tried the DAX function using IF() but the true/false section table attribute is not displayed for the suggestion. it is a text data type. Any Idea that will be helpful to achieve this design? 

Hi @vignesvar ,

I made some modifications to your original expression and the result is as follows:

vtianyichmsft_0-1699348888658.pngvtianyichmsft_1-1699348898443.png

FirstLevel = IF([LevelCounter]=1, CONCATENATEX('Table 2','Table 2'[Seg3_L2],","), IF([LevelCounter]>=2,CONCATENATEX(SUMMARIZE('Table 2','Table 2'[Sname]),'Table 2'[Sname],","),BLANK()))

LevelCounter = DISTINCTCOUNT('Table 2'[Sname])

SecondLevel = IF([L2 Filtered]=TRUE(), CONCATENATEX('Table 2','Table 2'[Sname],","), BLANK())

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

Comments
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @vignesvar ,

I've made a number of attempts and it's not quite clear what you're intending to do, but you can check if the following results meet your expectations:

vtianyichmsft_0-1698911198633.png

Measure = 
IF (
    HASONEVALUE ( Table[Primary Level] ),
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Table[Second Level] ),
    CONCATENATEX ( VALUES ( Table[Primary Level] ), Table[Primary Level], ", " )
)

Please feel free to correct me and provide more information if I have misunderstood you!

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

vignesvar
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-tianyich-msft

Thanks for your response. The result table has its attributes and measures. There are two slicers each have its own level level 1 and level 2. 

If the user selected one value from the level 1 filter, then the table should display the level 2 related to the selected level 1 with its count. If more than one value is selected for the level 1 filter, then the selected level 1 attributes and their summary count. Please find the image below for your reference. 

vignesvar_0-1698925705570.png

I have tried the below DAX measure to achieve the expected results but data is not display on the given column. 

LevelCounter = COUNTROWS(VALUES('Table 2'[l1]))
FirstLevel = IF([LevelCounter]>1, SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[l1]), BLANK())
SecondLevel = IF([LevelCounter]>1, SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[l2]), BLANK())
DynamicCol = IF(NOT ISBLANK([FirstLevel]), [FirstLevel], [SecondLevel])

Sample result screen for your reference below.
vignesvar_1-1698925912404.pngvignesvar_2-1698925941541.png

Regards,

Vignesvar

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @vignesvar ,

I'm not quite sure I understand your needs.Could you provide a sample pbix or a detailed reproduction step? (Please be careful not to include sensitive information)

Best regards,

vignesvar
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-tianyich-msft ,

Thanks for your response. Please find the PBIX file for your reference. It is a sample file only, with no sensitive information. I request you to go through Page 5 for the design. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I-w2F0tcaefJ5gKYtHOzLPiD_gJI8Gfw/view?usp=sharing

Regards,

Vignesvar

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @vignesvar ,

I made some modifications to your original expression and the result is as follows:

vtianyichmsft_0-1699348888658.pngvtianyichmsft_1-1699348898443.png

FirstLevel = IF([LevelCounter]=1, CONCATENATEX('Table 2','Table 2'[Seg3_L2],","), IF([LevelCounter]>=2,CONCATENATEX(SUMMARIZE('Table 2','Table 2'[Sname]),'Table 2'[Sname],","),BLANK()))

LevelCounter = DISTINCTCOUNT('Table 2'[Sname])

SecondLevel = IF([L2 Filtered]=TRUE(), CONCATENATEX('Table 2','Table 2'[Sname],","), BLANK())

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

vignesvar
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-tianyich-msft , 

It looks cool and thank you very much for your assistance.

Is it possible to display the results in tabular format?

Regards,

Vignesvar

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support

Hi @vignesvar

It seems to be unsupported for now.

Best regards,

vignesvar
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-tianyich-msft , 

Thank you very much for your support and response.

Regards,

Vignesvar