Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

In de Power BI Service connecting to power bi dataset trough analysis services connector gives error

In de Power BI Service: dataset connecting to other power bi dataset (in premium capacity with xlma endpoint read/write) through Analysis Services Connector gives error.

Something went wrong
An unknown error has occurred. Please try again. If the issue continues, please contact support.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: cbc16a6a-1c4e-495c-9660-5a795478520d
Request ID: 3b724641-e7f0-07e8-00e1-c8cb0d7cdd49
Time: 2020-08-21 13:06:53Z

In PB Desktop connecting works fine. If connecting with Power BI dataset connector it also works fine. But I wish to use perspectives, so I really wanted the AS connector to work (which should isn't it, since the dataset is on a SSAS instance).

I tested with different workspaces and different datasets, but none work the way I expected.

Hanneke

Comments
optimizer
Advocate II

To elaborate: I am trying the new possibilities (since the XMLA endpoint read/write) on my Power BI dataset with Tabular Editor, so now I created perspectives and I would like to use them in a report. I thought I connect to this dataset with creating an report with an Analysis Services connector connecting to my dataset and I would expect a live connection. In Desktop that works fine (and with perspectives to!) but once I publish it to the Power BI Service (Premium Capacity) it gives me warnings about not refreshing and a not well configured gateway (?) and about credentials. Am I doing something that is not supported or should I continue troubleshooting and trying to fix the errors I get? Kind regards, Hanneke

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support