Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Identity Conflict not resolvable on PowerBI Mobile App

When: 1) a user has a MS account using our organization's email address 2) synced to our Azure AD group 3) executes login to PowerBI Mobile... having never accessed PowerBI on a web browser The user does not have access/visibility to published Apps. To resolve, we must direct users to login via web browser and confirm a "duplicate identity" message. After this has occurred, they are able to view our published apps. This promoted a poor user experience for our (primarily) mobile only users. This needs to be resolved in the Mobile app to allow confirmation of identity without desktop/browser login.
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do these users use Power BI mobile app iOS version or android version? 

I created a new active user (mobiletest) with Power BI pro license assigned in Office 365 admin portal, then sign in this account in Power BI mobile app android latest version 112378. On Power BI service, another user publish a app with "Install app automatically" option enabled and share the app with this new user (mobiletest). On Power BI mobile app android version, go to Apps section, the published app is installed, click on the app, we can view any report and dashboard. 

In your scenario, I would suggest these users update their Power BI mobile app the latest version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm the originator of this issue.  This site was unavailable yesterday from US.  User @Anonymous posted for me from EU.

In the instances where we have seen this behavior, it has been using new/fresh installs of PowerBI Mobile on iOS.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side, if issue still occurs, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu