Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

I fail to save new power bi dataflow

Hi MS PowerBI support team,

I fail to save new power bi dataflow.  Got this error.

max_mingxing_su_0-1648546635682.png

it has been working perfectly well until last week I tried to create a dataflow returning too much data and I canceled the saving for it.

I suspected the power bi service is stuck somewhere.

what I have tried, neither of them worked

• I cleared all websites and cached data of Chrome, and retry, still this error.
  • I request other colleagues to help me verify if it works on her side, they could reproduce the problem.
  • I can repro it in Microsoft Edge.
  • I tried to create the data flow with the query returning only 1 column.

Here are the steps to repro it:

• go to my Power BI workspace
  • Click New
  • select dataflow
  • select Add new tables
  • select blank query
  • specify my query
  • choose the Data gateway
  • data loaded successfully
  • rename the table
  • Click save and close
  • validation query is done
  • I got that error message popped up
  • the saving dataflow dialog is not pop up as expected.

this is a blocking issue for us, kindly help us out urgently.  thank you very much for your help in advance.

my email address is: sumx@iata.org

Best Regards,

Max

My workspace is 'IRIS Reporting'.

Not means the workspace name but the workspace type, like Premium workspace, PPU workspace or a normal workspace.

In addition, since you have a Pro license, you can click 'GET SUPPORT' directly to create a support ticket without needing an Admin role.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Noticed that you have used the SQL database as the data source of your dataflow, but seems like could not reproduce it in my side when I followed the steps to try to reproduce it, the dataflow could be saved successfully.

If only connects to SQL DB directly without any sql query statement to filter it, whether the dataflow could be saved. Also, which workspace was the dataflow in, premium

In addition, since this issue is urgent for it, we have better suggest you to create a support ticket here at the end of the support page for further fast help.

vyingjl_0-1648605431154.png

Best Regards,

max_mingxing_su

Dear  Yingjie,

much appreciated your quick reply.  My workspace is 'IRIS Reporting'. could you help investigate a bit more? thanks a lot.

at the same time, though I have a Power BI Pro license, I am not the admin of power bi. I will try to find someone who can create a ticket in the way you suggested.

Regards

Max

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating
My workspace is 'IRIS Reporting'.

Not means the workspace name but the workspace type, like Premium workspace, PPU workspace or a normal workspace.

In addition, since you have a Pro license, you can click 'GET SUPPORT' directly to create a support ticket without needing an Admin role.

Best Regards,

max_mingxing_su

Thank you Yingjie, I have created a support ticket successfully:

Case 2204010050000419  TrackingID#2204010050000419