Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

I cannot save any reports on app.powerbi.com

I cannot save any of the reports on app.powerbi.com.  See error message below.

Something went wrong
Unable to save the report
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 096bd527-601c-40a7-bef0-5bc63360ed88
Request ID: ecddffad-ab2b-12c0-0755-2356ab37eed7
Correlation ID: 6f296eb9-05b8-36d4-c7d6-2e3b7a912350
Status code: 401
Time: Fri Dec 28 2018 13:06:38 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.7683.188
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mikegaryswine,

Does the issue happen to the other reports within the same workspace? 

Do you have edit permission in the workspace which issued reports reside in? 

Please test again with this report to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mikegaryswine
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for responding. Yes, it happens to some other reports as well (not all). Yes, I have edit permissions.

The issue is still occurring - I just checked.

Thanks,
Mike

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mikegaryswine,

Please run Fiddler with below option enabled, repeat steps to reproduce the issue, save all sessions to .saz file. Upload this trace file to your OneDrive and send the share link to me via private message. 

Fiddler.PNG

Also please share new error information like RequestID and Time with us. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mikegaryswine
Regular Visitor

okay, thanks. I messaged you directly.

I wasn't sure how to change the https configuration so let me know if what I sent you works.

Thank you for your help.

Mike

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mikegaryswine,

Thank you for your information. The fiddler doesn't record the failure of save report change, please try to run Fiddler then repeat steps then record it again. 

When you click Edit Report, then click Save without any modification made to the report, does the same error occur? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mikegaryswine
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun,

Yes, it still occurs without any modifications to the report made.

I just sent you an updated fiddler file through private message.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Mike

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mikegaryswine,

Thank you for your information. I have consulted this issue internally, will update here once I get information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mikegaryswine
Regular Visitor
I've noticed it usually happens when I replace an existing dataset with a new one. For example, I have two reports in my workspace called "Corporate Report" and "Scorecards." Both of these reports are run off of a database called "Corporate Report." If I need to update some of the measures in "Corporate Report," I download the Corporate Report file. Once updated, I publish to Power BI and press "Replace Existing ." However, when I do this, often times the report is not properly replaced. Therefore, I go onto app.powerbi.com, I remove the existing "Corporate Report" report, but I leave the "Corporate Report" database. Now when I publish to the Power BI dashboard, I see my updated report. However, I am unable to make any changes on app.powerbi.com due to the error message I sent you. Note that the "Scorecard" report is updated to use the new "Corporate Report" database and I am able to still make changes and save them without an error. Hopefully this helps your team understand when this typically occurs. Mike
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mikegaryswine,

Thank you for your further information. Smiley Happy I already shared it internally, will update here once I get information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mikegaryswine,

The fix should be in Prod at the end of Jan.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu