Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Graph color changes from desktop app to web app to dashboard publish

can we lock the color aspects in our graphs (think pie chart with 10+ sections) from the desktop version to the web version to the dashboard version? The colors chosen for each of the sections is important to the presentation graphics and i need the same color to represent the same data category from slide to slide/graph to graph. When power bi changes the data category colors in the web version, there isn't a way to go back and change them (even this would be time consuming). I want a way to lock in my colors for each data category, so they appear seamless from graphic to graphic, across several differnt dashboards. 

Additionally, when my CEO calls to talk about the "pink" data points, they are blue on my end, and it creates a lot of confusion and frustration. 

Hi @smithmaENR1 

May I kwow whether you would like a method to disable report users to make some changes to the Category lable in Power BI Service?

vcazhengmsft_0-1636432227583.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @smithmaENR1 

May I kwow whether you would like a method to disable report users to make some changes to the Category lable in Power BI Service?

vcazhengmsft_0-1636432227583.png

Best Regards,

smithmaENR1

Hello!

I am not using the Category label. I don’t want to disable anyone from making changes, as I am the only one who has access at this point. Here are the visuals that I am seeing, and their differences.

In my desktop database, I have specifically chosen colors for each of my project types, so that projects with “development” and “test” phases are represented by shades of the same color. However this has been completely changed in my desktop database everytime that I open it.

What the colors should be:

smithmaENR1_0-1636488556963.jpeg

Versus what they have changed to on a different tab of my desktop work space.

smithmaENR1_1-1636488556973.jpeg

Additionally, when I publish the data, and take it to the web-based part of the application, here is how the same data appears.

smithmaENR1_2-1636488556986.jpeg

And

smithmaENR1_3-1636488556993.jpeg

These graphs are all representing different aspects of the same projects. I need to make sure that the data colors for each project type are consistent from graphic to graphic for presenting. The data color changes in the pie chart both in the desktop and web-based versions are inefficient and unhelpful.

How can I ensure that the colors stay the same between platforms, and then into my dashboard as well.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @smithmaENR1 

Thanks for your reply. May I know how you set this colors? Are these colors all you set by visual format pane?  

Best Regards,