Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Getting Error as specified method is not supported while using direct query or import from Big Query

Hi Team,

In my model I have one fact table and one calendar table both are in direct query mode, also having relation based on date column, however when am trying to create a simple table visual where i have used some columns from fact table and used date fields from calendar table am getting below error.

nm17844_0-1711192244205.png

Hi @nm17844 ,

Power BI doesn’t support Direct Query for any types of join other than Left Join. If you’re using a different type of join in your query, consider changing it to a Left Join. Certain statements are also not supported in Direct Query Mode. If you’re using such statements in your query, consider changing the data mode or modifying the query.
You may try to convert the calendar table as import mode if you could.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @nm17844 ,

Power BI doesn’t support Direct Query for any types of join other than Left Join. If you’re using a different type of join in your query, consider changing it to a Left Join. Certain statements are also not supported in Direct Query Mode. If you’re using such statements in your query, consider changing the data mode or modifying the query.
You may try to convert the calendar table as import mode if you could.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

nm17844
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

Thanks for your response!!!

I am not using any kind of joins, neither any statement for those tables also i tried to import calendar table which helped atleast to get rid of that error ,however unable to see any data in visual from calendar table although records were present .

To further dig deeper I tried to use RELATED Function to check whether relationship is working or not and found that for some reason it is not able to recognise the relationship (data type already changed from modelling tab).

After changing the data type from power query editor i am able to see the data and things are working fine.

Thanks