Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gantt chart timeline language and legend colour issues

The Gantt chart has improved but there are currently two issues with it that I found (both in Power BI Desktop and Service):

1. The Timeline on top of the visual is English only.  

Example:

Environment: French Windows. French Power BI Desktop. French browser language to view the report in Power BI Service.  

Output: the timeline is always in English.

However, the dates in the tables visuals change to show months in French as they are supposed to.

Request: set the timeline to work with language toggle.

2. Legend colours switch to Power BI default colours when the data is sliced using a slicer visual.

Example:

a) The Gantt shows items from my source and colours define their statuses. 

b) It uses my colour theme.

c) The Gantt legend shows item statuses.

d) There is also a separate standard slicer visual next to the Gantt chart that shows the same statuses.

e) When I click on one of the statuses in the slicer, the Gantt chart shows respective data but it switches the colour on the legend to Power BI default colour palette (not my theme). However, if I select more than one status on the slicer, the colours show correctly (from my theme) as assigned. The bars on the Gantt always show correct colours from my colour theme, irrespective of the slicing.

Request: set the Gantt legend to show the correct colour from the colour theme when one status type is selected on the slicer.

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @OB,

1. I have consulted the Product Team. I will update later.

2. I can't reproduce it. Did you import the theme from a file? 

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

OB
Helper II
Helper II

Re 2: Yes, I'm importing the theme from a .json file I created but I've tried to reproduce the issue myself on a simple dataset and the issue exists even without importing any colour themes.

Source

PBIX

The snapshots are below

No selections on the slicer.  Gantt legend colours are assigned correctlyNo selections on the slicer. Gantt legend colours are assigned correctly

One status selected on the slicer - Gantt legend colour for status shows incorrectlyOne status selected on the slicer - Gantt legend colour for status shows incorrectly

Two statuses are selected on the slicer - Gantt legend colours are set correctly.Two statuses are selected on the slicer - Gantt legend colours are set correctly.