Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Formula bar not showing using live connection in November 2023 release - bug?

Hi, 

The Formula bar is not showing when creating a new measure using a live connection to analysis server. (it works ok and as expected when using import)

For me it seems like this is an issue with the November 2023 release. (Version: 2.123.684.0 64-bit (november 2023))

KR, Peter

Hi  all

This problem should be fixed with the next (December) release of PBI Desktop. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Wendy_27
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. Hopefully a quick solution will be found! 

Annepowerbi
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  @puggaard 

I verified this issue with Desktop in November. I have submitted your issue to ICM . I will come back with updates if there is any progress .

Best Regards,

CSeat

Same problem here

Andrei_U

Same issue with SSAS CUBEs. Even for existing local measures the formula bar is not available.

ericjmuller

Same error here, this is a pretty big deal for us, please expedite!

Luizdomingos

I have the same problem. Also a big issue for us. Hopefully we can get it sorted soon!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi  all ,

The issue has been reported to ICM and the PG team is verifying the issue, the October version is now displaying the Formula bar properly. It is recommended to use the October version for the time being, and upgrade to the November version after it fixes this issue.

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi all 

Please test when you guys create measures, don't do anything and see if you get the Formula bar and what the approximate wait time is. Looking forward to your replies.

Best Regards,

puggaard
Advocate I

Hi, 

I've downloaded Version: 2.123.742.0 64-bit (november 2023), but the formula bar still doesn't appear. I stopped the time after 90 seconds. I did this test three times. 

Kr, Peter